After a two-year hiatus, Boynton Moo Media and Loud Crow Interactive are back with their next digital book collaboration: But Not The Hippopotamus. A fine and funny children’s classic, But Not The Hippopotamus is the fifth installment in the multiple award-winning Boynton Moo Media interactive story series.
“When we got together to decide what our fifth app should be, Loud Crow had the terrific idea to ask our fans and followers to choose for us,” explains Boynton. “But Not The Hippopotamus was the winner by an overwhelming majority.”
Designed with engaging interactive elements that enable the reader to turn, tap and tilt their way through the story, But Not the Hippopotamus delivers an important moral lesson… along with plenty of giggles. Available exclusively on the iPhone and iPad September 5th, But Not The Hippopotamus is bound to become a favorite anytime book for little readers and their parents alike.
Engineered by Loud Crow Interactive, Vancouver’s leading digital publishing studio, But Not the Hippopotamus features stunning interactive elements and engaging visual cues, including:
- Touch, tap and tilt technology that brings unexpected interactivity to Boynton’s herd of cuddly creatures.
- Redrawn and re-colored original artwork from the original best-selling children’s board book.
- An all new original instrumental soundtrack by Mike Ford.
- Realistic page turning interactions that mimic the original board book look and feel.
- A voiceover reading function called “Meghan Reads It” that features word-by-word highlighting.
- An “I Want to Read It” option that enables the reader to hear individual words pronounced with the tap of a finger.
Fans of But Not The Hippopotamus can also enjoy four additional Boynton digital story experiences with the new Boynton Bundle, available exclusively in the App Store beginning today. The collection, which includes “The Going to Bed Book”, “Moo, Baa, La La La!”, “Blue Hat, Green Hat” and “Barnyard Dance!” is available for iPod Touch, iPhone and iPad for just $6.99.
With over two million copies in print, Boynton’s But Not The Hippopotamus shows audiences there’s no need to be shy when it comes to friendship, fun and sharing the joys of reading. For more information on Boynton Moo Media and Sandra, visit http://www.sandraboynton.com/.